Sunday, September 9, 2012

CD16: IUI Day!

I had my IUI done today.  We woke up and went to the clinic and checked in on the boy's side.   After we got the sperm situation worked out, we headed out to a nice breakfast at this super cute Columbian diner.  Then we came back, waited some more, and then went to the IUI room.

This was the first IUI at my new RE's and my first one that CB was there for.  The nurse made me check the vial to make sure if was really CB's and sign for it.  Then, it was go time.  I laid down and she got that speculum in there and got down to business.  She didn't get in on the first try, but she did it eventually.  Overall, she was much better at navigating the twisted and dark path that is my uterus/cervix.  She remarked on how much fertile CM I had which made me happy, because I was concerned that I wasn't seeing enough.

I laid there for 10 min with CB holding my hand and looking up the football schedule for the day.  After the egg timer went off, we headed out.  I have to go to Walgreen's later to get the progesterone suppositories that I start tomorrow morning (boo).

I POAS today to see if I had HCG in my system from my trigger.  It was the first time that my pee had ever made a stick do anything, and much lighter than I thought it would be.  I think my pee is a freak of nature.

Readers, please prepare yourself for 12 days of phantom symptoms, hand wringing, analyzing, hoping and praying.  We find out in 12 days.

Thank you to all of those, and you know who you are, who sent vibes last night.  I am currently looking for egg meeting sperm and snuggly embryo vibes.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! So glad it went well for you. I want to see trigger pics! Praying this is it for you :)

    ReplyDelete