I'm sitting on my couch in my cozy clothes contemplating the next month of my life. Tomorrow I start my new job. I need to do a ton of laundry and figure out what the F to wear this week. Luckily its a short week, so I won't have to have perfect outfits for more than 3 days. I'm going to go to the mall in about an hour and will pick out a new suit and some new shirts. I'm really hoping that the first week will be easy and smooth, before jumping into what sounds like a lot of work.
Tomorrow CB goes in for his SPA (sperm penetration analysis). This will determine whether we have to do ICSI, which means intracytoplasmic sperm injection. With "normal" fertilization for IVF, you put the sperm with the eggs, with ICSI they put each sperm in with each egg. With CB's numbers, there is no reason why we should have to do ICSI, but it sounds like my clinic might err on the side of ICSI. The downside is that it costs $1,000 per cycle, or $2,000 for the shared risk program. We won't know the results of the SPA until next week. Part of me feels like with everything that we are doing, what is one more step, especially if it could increase our odds. I am so scared that they will stim me and that we will end up with no embryos, so why not right? The good news is that I am not in control and it is not my choice. Whatever Dr C says, we will do.
Happy Sunday!
Do ICSI! We did and i'm so glad. It actually put us at ease knowing they egg and sperm would be "forced" together! And your right, if you are spending $$$$$ for IVF, whats another $1,000. You can claim all of it on your taxes anyways :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your first day! And yay for IVF! :)
ReplyDelete