So I had my miscarriage, got really sad and scary on here and then went away. I'm sorry. I needed to process. I couldn't deal with the pictures from the month that I was pregnant. I wanted to pretend that this wasn't my reality.
We did a frozen embryo transfer cycle. I took lupron for about 2 weeks which sucked serious monkey balls. Seriously - that shit is worse than clomid for me. I was a fucking mess. Then I added estrogen to the fun, finally followed by intramusclar injections of progesterone. Awesome.
We wanted to thaw 2 and our first 2 survived the thaw. I was so happy to hear that news I almost started crying (might have been the valium). We got in the mega stirrups and 20 minutes later I was PUPO.
4 days later, I learned that I was actually P, not just PUPO. That uber faint line was followed by 4 days of positive pregnancy tests. I noticed that the FRER line I took at 7dp5dt wasn't as dark as the one that I had from the previous cycle, but my symptoms were so strong that I felt positive.
I felt pregnant.
So it felt like a fucking kick in the stomach to learn last Monday that my beta was a 10. Pregnant, but not very pregnant. Knowing that I took tests with a sensitivity of 20, I knew the prognosis wasn't good. My doctor tried to blow sunshine, but she ultimately agreed. I grieved the loss by going home from work and playing candy crush in bed. I cried for about an hour.
Wednesday we got Beta #2. 4. Not even pregnant. I knew it was over on Monday, but the news still stung.
I cried a bit more and then H and I made our plan.
We bought into the Attain IVF program. That means we get 6 cycles - 3 fresh, 3 frozen and a take home baby or our money back.
Anyway, so we've used 1 fresh and 1 frozen. We could sacrifice this fresh cycle and do a frozen cycle which would be easier and cheaper. We've decided not to do that and press forward with a fresh cycle. I'm not sure what the story of the 6 embroys in the freezer will be, but they will still be there I guess.
I was so ready to go to battle with my clinic about a start date. You can imagine how surprised I was to learn that they had a cancellation and could get me in right away, starting stims on 5/28. Estimated retrival on 6/7.
So we are pressing the fuck forward. 80% of Attain IVF participants get a take home baby. I truly have to believe that a couple with unexplained infertility who has gotten pregnant twice in a row will be in the 80%. Who knows.
This loss was easier.
I have gotten stronger.
Thank you to those who reached out to me in the interim, Your support meant so much to me. I am looking forward to rejoining the blogging community.
I'm so sorry for your second loss, Andy. But you are so strong and I do believe that plan gives you a great chance at a take home baby. I believe you'll be in the 80%. I missed you and am glad your back. Don't ever apologize for taking the time you need. This community will always be here when you're ready.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry that you had to go through another loss. Jessah is right - you are so strong, even if you may not feel that way right now.
ReplyDeleteI also believe you will be in the 80% and I will send some thoughts and prayers your way.
I'm so sorry. You are strong. We are all strong. You can't be weak and face what we face and on top of it share it in our blog!!! I'm happy you are pressing on and know that motherhood is coming to you soon. Xoxo hugs
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about your second loss. You are so strong though and are such an inspiration to others. I will be praying very hard for you and wish you the best of luck with your next cycle. Please keep us updated :) Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog during my first ICLW in December, so sorry this FT did not work out, but I'm happy you're fast tracked for a new cycle. Best of luck during the crapy period of stimming and during your retrieval. I also beleive that with your stats you will be in that 80%, it just really sucks that it's taking a few tires to get there..
ReplyDelete*few try's to get there*
DeleteI'm so glad you are back Andy! I got your emails, but have been really busy and procrastinated on replying. I'm also really really behind in my blog reading. Sorry to hear about your chemical from your FET cycle. Yes, you are a strong lady. I admire you pressing forward and will be cheering you on 100% of the way.
ReplyDelete