Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fuck Mother's Day (Also...Happy Anniversary to my Infertility Blog)

If you had asked me 24 hours ago what I'd be doing today, I would tell you I would be spending the day outside basking in the glow of Mother Nature and enjoying the company of my wonderful husband and father in law. 

So what am I doing today?  Crying after looking on facebook.  I must seriously hate myself.

It's harder than I thought it would be.  All I can think about is what I should be doing.  I should be 5 months pregnant.  I should have a 1 year old.  I should be much farther along than I am.

And where am I?

Empty, fat after 2 rounds of ART and countless cycles before then and sad.

Sad. sad. sad.

So fuck you Mother's Day. 



5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! That fucking sucks. Bottoms up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's do hard. I am struggling too despite my attempt to remain positive. Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drunk. So that tells me I'm doing better than you right now. If you were closer, we'd be drinking together. I'm sorry my friend. This does suck so bad. I'm so sorry for your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm drunk now. I hope that you are doing well. We should drink together soon. Tomorrow will be better. Tonight is almost over. Cheers.

      Delete
  4. It was harder than I thought it would be too. Mother's Day really never bothered me much before, but I was grumpy and sad all day, and didn't want to talk to anyone. Sucky.

    ReplyDelete