Thursday, August 16, 2012

My First Born(s)

I figured since I have spent all this time whining about how I don't have a human baby, I should tell you about my current children.  I was born with an animal lovers gene.  I'm basically a borderline hoarder.  Seriously.  I would have 10 dogs and 10 cats if I could.  Thankfully I married a sensible man, so our animal acquisitions have been slow, but steady.

First, meet Frankie.  Frankie is a 5 year old min pin who loves to snuggle and go on hikes.  I got Frankie a month before I met H, who quickly realized that we were a package deal.




A year later, once H and I were shacking up, we decided to get a cat.  Sensing my husband's weakness for cute kittens, I found the ultimate cutest craigslist posting for TWO cats.  He couldn't resist, so we ended up with Willie and Jacob.  Here is what they looked like as babies...

Jacob is on the right, Willie in on the left.  See how little Willie is?  That changed.

Willie is the world's cutest, sweetest and naughtiest kitty.  He is a total lover and will literally cuddle attack you.  He will also pee in any laundry/suitcase vessel if left unattended for more than 5 minutes.  He marks with reckless abandon...but is so freaking cute.   How could you be mad at this face?


Then there is Jacob, who is truly 100% MY kitty.  Jacob is the vocal, strong kitty who lets his presence be known, even after hiding under the bed for 2 days.  He enjoys being spooned and will sit with me for hours.



There you have it!  The groundwork foundation of the Wiltrout family. 

1 comment: