Sunday, June 24, 2012

A long time gone...

I went running today for the first time in at least 3 months.  Running was the dividing line between the part of my life when I hated my body/myself and the past 7 years.  I most recently replaced running with yoga (mostly because I love yoga - but also for TTC reasons as described below) but man oh man did it feel good.

For the past 6 months, every time I thought about starting running I thought about what effect it would have on my ovaries.  Then I found out one of my favorite people got pregnant shortly after she ran her first 1/2 marathon and it got me thinking.  I'm tired of putting my freaking life on hold and I want to start running again.

Here is one of my favorite pics of myself - after I finished my first (and only) marathon

Part of me feels like I could do that again if I really wanted to.  It feels so good to think about something other than trying to get pregnant or my stupid job.  I think I'm going to try to go running again this week.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your marathon! As a distance runner (I've only done the half distance) one of the best comments someone told me is that [procreation] is a marathon for us [the infertiles] and a sprint for others [the myrtles]. I like to point out that while sprinters get all the attention, everyone is more impressed with the distance runners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Andy, on your marathon! And to the commenter above, as a marathoner and infertile myself, I draw so much inspiration out of your words :) Thank you!

      Delete